St. Mary & St. Moses Coptic Orthodox Church, Wide Bay, Bundaberg, QLD, Australia
History of the Coptic Orthodox Church
The Coptic Orthodox Church is an Apostolic Church, not only because her founder is St. Mark the Apostle who ministered in Egypt, ordained a bishop, priests, and deacons to aid him in his ministry and was martyred in Alexandria, and not only because her first Patriarch is St. Mark’s successor through an unbroken chain of popes since the apostolic age, but also because she preserves the apostolic thought in her life, spirituality, liturgies and dogmas. She is actually a living extension of the apostolic church without deviation.
All files are available in Adobe Portable Format (PDF). You will need Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher to view the files.
- Coptic Church, Part I: the Origins
- Coptic Church, Part II: the Birth of Jesus Christ
- Coptic Church, Part III: the Birth of the Church
- Coptic Church, Part IV: St. Mark, the Apostle and Beholder of God
- Coptic Church, Part V: Successor’s of St. Mark the Apostle
- Coptic Church, Part VI: St. Demetrius, the Vine dresser
In that day there will be an alter to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD at its border.Isaiah 19:19